A Whole Home Remodel to Modernize a Beautiful House from the ‘60s
We love whole home remodels. It’s an excellent opportunity to make old homes with good bones relevant again.
The home depicted in the photos below was built in Lake Geneva, WI in the late 1960s. After its purchase, we worked with the new homeowner to modernize the interior and exterior. A shortlist of the updates we completed include:
- We opened up the floor plan by removing the walls separating the kitchen from the living room and dining room.
- Windows in the main rooms were all relocated, enlarged, or replaced.
- The kitchen was updated with a barn-post beam, unique lighting fixtures, quartz countertops, new cabinetry and appliances, and a hidden walk-in pantry.
- New trim and hardwood floors were installed throughout the main floor.
- A gas fireplace, wood planked wall with floating shelves, and custom bench storage was added to the back family room.
- Three bathrooms were completely renovated.
- We also finished the basement with epoxy floors, making it the perfect space for exercise and entertainment.
If you like what you see in the before & after photos below and would like to remodel your Lake Geneva home, we want to hear from you!